There is something special about living in community seven days a week. Our boys are with each other for work, study, play and relaxation. Boys form strong bonds across year groups, underpinned by mentoring between the junior and senior boys. They come to value their Houses, seeing them as a place to call home – somewhere they are encouraged to be fully themselves, and relish the fellowship of their friends. We seek to encourage independence, maturity and responsibility in every student in our care.
Our specific aims are to:
- To create a community that ensures the safety and welfare of its students in an environment where they can be both healthy and happy.
- To provide an environment in which students can develop their intellectual academic, sporting and creative potential through well-structured routines, access to staff and other students in an atmosphere which values effort.
- To develop each boarder’s responsibility for self, for others and for their environment.
- To develop students’ qualities of leadership and their ability to work as a team.
- To create a caring and supportive environment for the development of all students.
- To create a community in which achievement is recognised and celebrated.